Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday...again

Another month is flying by quickly, and our wedding date is literally right around the corner. I have to say I'm pretty excited. Especially when we still have enough free time to work in the yard. This past weekend alone, AJ and laid sod in the backyard, which took two days of tilling, shoveling, raking, smoothing, watering, laying, smoothing, watering again, and smoothing again. Plus, we started edging the walkway to lay down some nice tan brick stones to accent the red brick walkway. Add to that the fact that I worked twelve hour night shifts all weekend and that sense of accomplishment is pretty high. However, the lack of sleep is starting to catch up with me...so forgive any run on sentences or misspellings (thank goodness for spellcheck...I've already had three. :^)

Anyhoot (purposefully misspell :^), I must toot my own horn for a minute, so bear with me here. So amid all this work, I have my second "job," which is my handmade card and paper goods store on ArtFire (foreversmemories.artfire.com). Last month, I kinda let my shop slide because I was too busy to craft anything new. Well, I decided I missed all my AF friends, so I made a few items to post and started getting busy there again in the forums and the guilds, and I was so happy to be back interacting and following them again. They are all such nice people, and AF is such a great community! (Ok, seriously, I'm done...maybe lol). But anywho, I made some new collections, and one of them was selected as the daily email!!! Which is like a big deal over there, so just pretend to be astonished and excited ok? :^) This is my second daily email selection in about 4 months, so I figure I have to doing something right, right?

So now what I'm curious about is how they select these daily emails...Is it a clever title? (my most recent being named "The Eclectic Librarian") Or a certain feel to the collection? Or how many views/comments/ratings it gets within a certain time frame?

Yes these are the crazy wanderings of my mind...I taking something wonderful and think: "How does this happen to little old me? I don't deserve this! I just like putting pretty items together that I really wish I could buy, but will collect instead just in case I happen to get permission to use a rich man's black credit card..." hehehe (ok, seriously? I think the sleep deprivation is starting to show...)

Ok, well, now that I've gotten this out of my system, AJ is awake and getting ready to leave for work, so I'm going to spend the precious few early morning minutes with him. I love him so much...

~ Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment